Primark is recalling a christmas candle after it burst into flames in a customer's home.
Jenny Ferneyhough bought the £5 silver glitter Christmas tree shaped candle from Primark.
After a couple of hours of it burning, she witnessed it burst into flames.
After the incident she took to Facebook to warn others and the post has since had over 252,000 shares and nearly 10,000 thousand reactions.
Jenny contacted Primark who said they have taken the product off shelves.
A Primark spokesman said: “We take the safety of our customers and quality of our products very seriously.
“We are removing the product from sale while we investigate this complaint as a matter of urgency.”
Jenny’s post on Facebook read: “This is a candle I bought in Primark Manchester for £5 on Saturday. I am concerned that it poses a risk to the safety of anyone who owns one, and I have emailed Primark suggesting they recall them.
“In the meantime, I would be grateful if we could spread the word so that no one is put at risk by this. #primark.”
Jenny has said the candle had no directions on its packaging to warn buyers that it was for ‘decorative use only’ and said it was on shelves with an array of other candles.
She added: “The whole top of the candle was literally on fire.
“We were both in the room when it happened but it could have easily caught fire to something if we hadn’t been and had not noticed it.
“Especially at Christmas time with all the decorations around, our whole fireplace could have gone up.
“I would like to see Primark recall it and warn people who have bought it to bring it back into store for a full refund.”