An incident took place on Furzedown Road in Kings Somborne between the times 11:00-13:55 on 14/09/2016.
Someone attempted to gain entry to a property by smashing a window on the door. However, no access was gained and the burglar left empty handed.
Do you have any CCTV on your property that might capture the offender?
If you do remember seeing or hearing anything please get in contact via 101 and quote reference number: 44160347267
There are certain measures you can take to reduce the likelihood of becoming a victim yourself:
• Don’t leave curtains/blinds open, and don’t leave valuables on show.
• If you are going away, ask a neighbour or friend to check your house regularly.
• Buy timer switches for lamps and radios to give the impression that someone is home.
• Install an alarm system and ensure the alarm box is clearly visible.
• Don’t leave keys in doors – remove them and keep them close at hand but out of sight where you can easily find them in an emergency.
• Don’t leave your house unattended with windows open and unlocked – even for just a minute.
• If you are in the garden or upstairs, make sure your downstairs doors and windows are closed.
• Never leave a key under a doormat or on a string through the letterbox.