Police are seeking witnesses to two overnight shed break-ins on 18th November 2016.
The sheds were broken into in Oval Road, Lockerley. Entry to the sheds was forced and a variety of tools and goods were taken.
You can take steps to prevent yourself becoming a victim of theft:
• Fit an alarm to your garage or shed – most DIY stores stock battery- operated alarms suitable for this purpose.
• Always mark the property you keep in your garage or shed with your postcode – this will help identification if they are stolen and then recovered. Keep a list of property with photographs.Register your property on www.immobilise.com.
• Make sure your garage or shed is fitted with a good strong lock, padlock, door hinges or othersecurity device such as a Garage Defender.
• Make sure items inside the garage or shed are secure – large items can be padlocked togetheror you could sink a post into the floor of the garage and padlock items to the post.
• Always remember to lock your garage or shed after use.
• Do not store large quantities of valuables in your garage and shed.
• Keep property and fencing in good repair and ensure that foliage and trees are kept trimmed.
• Check with your insurance company that you are covered for items stored in your garage or shed.